Rebecca P. Minor approaches storytelling with perspective drawn from her love of media arts, namely film and animation. A 1997 graduate from The University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Rebecca earned a BFA in traditional 2-D animation. Since then, she has filled the roles of character animator, freelance illustrator, art teacher, and most importantly, wife to her husband Scott and mother of three boys. In recent years, she has added fiction writing to her list of pursuits
- beckyminor123 [at] comcast [dot] net
- The Windrider i: Divine Summons (Windrider Saga). Serial fiction that ran at Digital Dragon Magazine from the summer of 2009 to 2010. Published October 25, 2011 by Diminished Media Group.
- Multiple illustrations to appear in the summer 2011 release of Port Yonder Press’s The Book of Silvari: an Anthology of Elves
- Introduction copy to appear in a print collection of art depicting the Krampus legend, to be published by Wizards of the Coast. Publication date, TBA
- The Sword of the Patron advanced to the level of semi-finalist in the Marcher Lord Select Main Contest, run by Marcher Lord Press at the end of 2009. It is scheduled to be released in the first quarter of 2012 with Other Sheep, a division of Written World Communications.
When a dark plot to undermine the security of the elven nation emerges, Captain Vinyanel Ecleriast must decide. Will he allow his contentious relationship with his half-elven mentor, the Prophetess Veranna, to interfere with his sworn duty to protect his people and his homeland?
Newly ordained as the future High Commander of the First Airborne Division of the Elven Cavalry, Vinyanel sets off astride his new mount—a silver dragon—to intervene before the elves’ enemies disappear into the wilderness not only with priceless artifacts pivotal to the elves’ safety, but the life of the elven king in their hands.
Only if he can put aside his preconceptions and take full hold of Veranna’s teaching will Vinyanel find the strength to fulfill his Divine Summons.