Guest Blogger: Nadine Brandes
Free Quiz Sites
- Make a list of the questions you want to ask the quiz taker. I recommend about 10-15 questions.
- Have pictures to use — one picture for each question and one picture for each character result. You don’t have to have pictures, but it brings your characters more alive to the readers and quiz takers. I used stock photos. If you don’t have photos, you could just use a nice font with a background that fits the theme of your story.
- Know which characters you want to have as results. Try to have a good mixture of men and women. I had eight results.
Create the Quiz
- To be remembered
- To spend it with family
- To explore the world
Benefits of Creating the Quiz
- It helps you know your characters better
- It helps you engage your audience. People who have read your book will love to do this!
- It’s easy to share and can bring in a new audience. (Be careful not to put too many spoilers in the quiz.)
- What’s your favorite season?
- This one is nice and simple, everyone likes seasons and it will be a good way to start the quiz with them leaning toward one character or the other.
- You disagree with something someone is saying. You:
- Change the subject
- Agree anyway
- Ignore it and don’t respond
- Are you male or female?
- Put the person in the shoes of one of your characters in a situation. Do your characters find themselves in a new city? Use that as a question (ex: You find yourself in a new city and you…)
- Does your character have to fight with a weapon they’ve never used before? Make that a question. Etc.
Nadine Brandes is an adventurer, fusing authentic faith with bold imagination. She writes stories about brave living, finding purpose, and other worlds soaked in imagination. Her debut dystopian novel, A Time to Die, released fall 2014 from Enclave Publishing. When Nadine’s not taste-testing a new chai or editing fantasy novels, she is out pursuing adventures. She currently lives in Idaho with her husband. You can find out more about Nadine and her books at http://nadinebrandes.com or on Facebook.