First things first: SPOILER ALERT!!!!
My family and I had planned on watching Avengers: Infinity War next weekend but looking at our schedules decided to watch it Sunday instead. No complaining here. I’ve been attempting to stay spoiler-free. And I did for the most part. The one spoiler was major but didn’t ruin it for me.
So here it goes
Wait. Are you sure you want to read further?
Okay, you have been warned.
<return for good measure>
<not quite below the center fold but this is getting ridiculous>
This is going to be a fun and hopefully funny review/spoiler post. I’m Team Captain but love Iron Man too. We have not seen Black Panther but have seen Thor Ragnorok. We’ve seen all of the other Avengers movies and both Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Those were all basically essential, especially to keep track of the cast and for in jokes. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Exactly what I’d hoped and more; that is the movie was a bit lighter and funnier than I’d expected.
The Disney family includes the Harry Potter and Star Wars franchises. As you can see, I had fun tying them into the movie. So here are my spoilerish observations.
- They may call him Squidward but Thanos’s henchman is Voldemort.
- I’m pretty sure Dr. Strange should have had his mailbox stuffed with invitations to attend Hogwarts considering the number of times Tony Stark calls him “Wizard.”
- Spiderman may be in high school, but my 13-year old’s voice is deeper.
- Tony Stark may be a billionaire, but his cell phone might be older than my husband’s. I honestly didn’t think that was possible.
- Bruce Banner needs a little green pill (yes, that’s a euphemism for his particular problem).
- There were more prosthetic arms than your average Star Wars movie. [my three “spoilers” for Star Wars movies are three yes/no questions: Is there a scrolling intro? Does someone say, “I have a bad feeling about this”? Are there any amputations?]
- Captain America needs to shave. Steve Rogers does not rock facial hair. UGH! That bit almost ruined the movie. I approve of Thor’s haircut but he’s still not as good looking as younger brother, Liam. I just rewatched Mockingjay II on Friday for comparison.
- I’m waiting for The Fellowship of the Ring and Game of Thrones to become the next Disney franchises because Tyrion Lanister spent some time under the dwarves of Middle Earth’s tutelage and is now a master blacksmith.
- Anakin Skywalker fresh from Mustafar shows up in a Jedi robe and warns Thanos the cost of obtaining one of the infinity stones.
- Kirk Cameron is going to have a major role in Infinity War Part Two (aka Left Behind) as reporter Buck Williams. Doctor Strange’s one possible solution is to go back to 2000 and re-release the post-Tribulation movie.
- My kids have Halloween costumes: my daughter has to be young Gamora, and my son should be the now heterochromic Thor (my son has a bi-colored eye).
- We will be counting the days until Infinity War II even if it really is Left Behind because we only had that movie on tape and our VCR bit the dust.
If you made it this far, I assume you have seen Infinity War. What did you think?