1. Oxygraphos, a professional-level critique group, is looking for a fourth member. I had to step down due to other commitments and time restraints, but they are an awesome group. Here is a little blurb from the letter we give to applicants:
Oxygraphos, a four-person critique group, is searching for a professional level writer to fill our open seat. To us, professional level means you have fiction writing credits to your name or at least one complete, polished manuscript that you are shopping to publishers. Our ideal candidate already knows the craft and wants critique partners who also know the craft, so that we can help each other to continue to perfect our art.
The candidate must be a fan of Christian Science Fiction and Christian Fantasy, including cyberpunk and steampunk as the existing members write in those genres.
At Oxygraphos, we critique each other’s fiction work that:
- is written from a Christian world view
- is tactful as it portrays both sin and sin’s consequences.
- does notpositivelyportray the occult in any context.
- is not a romance/historical romance/Amish/horror (Romantic suspense and romantic speculative fiction are fine.)
If you’re interested, please PM me on FB or DM me on Twitter with your e-mail address, and I’ll get the full letter to you.
2. The next opportunity is some fun on my own blog. I am opening up my Wednesday posts to guest bloggers. I am looking for stories to encourage writers in general. These can be stories of struggles, successes, day-in-the-life, etc.; they can be fun, sappy, tearful . . . and everything in between. I just want something that other writers can relate to, even if the post is not specifically about writing. Guests do not have to be published. Posts should be 500-800 words, and author bios with links are welcome! If you’re interested, again, PM me on FB or DM me on Twitter with your e-mail address, and we’ll go from there!
3. Today is the last day to register for Realm Makers before the price goes up! Have you registered yet? Go–do it now!
In the meantime, anyone planning any fun pranks for April 1?