You know you’re sick when . . .
- You’re rendered incapable of doing much more than making sure the kids didn’t kill themselves
- Chocolate cake that hubby brought home on his break seems good enough for the kids for dinner (hey, they wouldn’t complain).
- You send the kids to Grandma’s house for a few hours just to get some rest.
- You don’t understand what all the fuss is about–the TV does make a good babysitter.
- You sound like an old lady with lung cancer.
- You pull out your computer, and you’re head starts pounding purely on principle.
- Hubby takes one look at you and sends you back upstairs to bed.
- You dissolve into a fit of tears just because the dishes aren’t done (and neither is the laundry, the playroom is a mess, and you can’t find the Advil).
- You actually look forward to being able to clean again.
- You walk around in a fog that keeps you from realizing that you’re stirring the soup with a comb and combing your kid’s hair with a spoon.
Some of these really happened. Some of them didn’t. Can you tell the difference?
What about you? Fill in the blank: You know youi’re sick when __________________________.